To confirm if your website has mixed content
1. Open the following URL and Enter your domain name in the text field and runt the tests.
Note – Test Results may take 2-3 mins to finish.
2. If you don’t get a grade A in test results then, you should install a valid SSL certificate for your domain on your web server and then proceed further websites.
3. Now Open your Website in Web Browser and Look for Following Images in the Address/URL bar. Look at the images below for identification.
To fix Mixed Content on your WordPress Websites
There are many both free and paid WordPress Plugins available out there. We will use open source free plugin which is safe and secure.
1. We need to Force HTTPS our WordPress website by .htaccess.
Kindly follow our guide to Force HTTPS for WordPress websites by .htaccess
2. Login to your wp-admin Dashboard
3. Goto Plugins and select the Add New Option. Search for SSL Insecure Content Fixer By WebAware and install it followed by Plugin Activation
4. After Successful Installation and Activation of the plugin. Goto Settings in left sidebar followed by SSL Insecure Content.
5. There we can see the various level of fixing. Try the Simple level first.
6. Other Settings in Plugin can be kept as default ones.
7. Under the HTTPS Detection method, it is recommended to select the standard WordPress function.
8. Press the Save Button to save the changes done in settings.
9. Open your WordPress Blog in Incognito/Private Mode for testing the HTTPS connection.
10. If SSL Warnings are not fixed, repeat steps 4-8 with successive levels of fixing methods like Content, Widgets, Capture and Capture All.