Sending out emails is something that you will require in any sort of classifieds website. So the setting up of the mail server is as uncomplicated as possible and you have two options – to choose Custom Server or the Gmail Server. Here is how they work:
1. Log into your OSClass Dashboard.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Choose Mail Servers. And fill out the following:
- Hostname: smtp.yourdomain.com but it could be any domain or IP (localhost by default)
- Server port: It depends on the protocol: POP3 – port 110, IMAP – port 143, SMTP – port 25, HTTP – port 80, Secure SMTP (SSMTP) – port 465, Secure IMAP (IMAP4-SSL) – port 585, IMAP4 over SSL (IMAPS) – port 993, Secure POP3 (SSL-POP) – port 995)
- Username: Optional, only if you need server authentication
- Passsword: Optional, only if you need server authentication
- Encryption: SSL, TLS, or leave it blank
- Check box for SMTP authentication check only if you’re sure what you’re doing
4. Coming to the Gmail Server, fill out the below:
Server port: 465
Username: Your email username (ex. If your email is email@example.com, the username is John)
Passsword: Your email password
Check box for SMTP authentication should be checked
You are ready to use the mail services and if you need any additional help regarding the same you can hire our dedicated team.