There are two ways to add music. For starters, open SAM Broadcaster. Once there, follow these steps:
- Go to the playlist window located on “Desktop A” from the toolbar, at the far left half way down and select the category into which you want to add files. Categories are used to split files into manageable groups or lists.
- Click on “Tracks” in the “Playlist” window. You will see the content in the “Tracks in selected category” window, immediately below.
- One way to add music is to click on the plus sign (“+”) to browse your documents, then locate and select music files.
- There’s a down arrow next to the plus sign (“+”), which lets you add a directory (so you can place all your media files in a specific directory) or add a playlist (so you can import existing M3U, PLS, or ASX files).
- Another way to add music is to drag files from Windows Explorer and drop them directly into the “Tracks in selected category” window.
- To create a playlist, simply drag your tracks from the “Tracks in selected category” window and drop them into the “Queue” window. To select more than one track at a time, hold down “Shift” or “Ctrl.”
- You can also right-click on a category name or on any track within that category to add those songs to a playlist you’d like to create.
- A status window will display the progress of the files being added to the media library. Once completed, you should be able to see the list of tracks added to the category in the “Tracks in selected category” window.
Adding files to the Queue
The next step is to load the files you want to play into the queue. The queue contains a list of files that will be played in order from top to bottom.
Inside the Quick Tracks playlist window, double-click on a song and it will be added to the Queue. Repeat this process until you have a few songs in the Queue.
SAM Broadcaster Lite Auto DJ
First, make sure you’re set to “Auto DJ” mode (this is the default setting). You can select the DJ mode by selecting the drop-down arrow just left of the “Desktop A” button in the toolbar. Auto DJ will automatically load the next song from the queue when required and cross-fade to the next track.
Note: Make sure both Deck A and Deck B are visible. You may reset the layout of the screen by selecting the default option for your resolution from the `layout` menu.
Click on the “Play” button in the toolbar just below “file” in the menu bar to start audio playback in the next available deck.
For great service and great prices, check out: Shoutcast Hosting.