Plesk is designed to help IT specialists manage web, DNS, mail and other services through a comprehensive and user-friendly GUI. Plesk is a hosting control panel, an intermediary between system services and users. It's interface reduces maintenance costs and gives administrators more flexibility and control.
These add-ons are designed to fully interact with Plesk, and they include:
- Docker Support
- Git Support
- Plesk Security Advisor
- Multi Server Extension
- WordPress Toolkit
- Developer Pack
- Kaspersky Antivirus
- Servershield by CloudFlare
New version of plesk have the following features:
- Customer and Business Manager
- Windows VZ Templates
- x86-based distributions of operating systems
- CentOS 5 / RHEL5 / CloudLinux 5
- Microsoft Windows 2008 (not R2)
- ASP.NET 1.1
- SmarterMail 6.x - 9.x
- Shared SSL support on Windows
- Unity Mobile
- 10.4 upgrade drop
- perl-apache-asp component drop
Here we have listed some of the features:
1 . Support For Database -
- MSSQL ( Windows )
2. Git Support -
Plesk Onyx introduces integration with Git , it enables you to do
- Easy deployment of your websites by either pushing it to a local or by pulling from a remote one Git repo.
- Software engineering service of your choice like Github , Travis etc..
- Multiple Branch Support in single repository
- Automatic Deployment
3. Docker Support -
Plesk Onyx comes with Docker support
- On-demand access to a wide range of modern technologies.
- Choose from catalog of available images mongodb , redis etc..
- Deploy and manage docker containers locally and remotely.
4. Windows Server 2016 Support -
Plesk Onyx supports the Standard and Datacenter editions of Windows Server 2016 with IIS 10
- Wildcard subdomains
- HTTP/2 support
- New cipher suites
5. System Resource Usage Limits -
Introducing the ability to limit the amount of system resources that can be used by a particular subscription or hosting account which will help to prevent server abuse caused by either malicious or poorly written script.
- The following system resources can be limited by this feature:
- Disk I/O
6. DNSSEC Support -
A new feature which allows users to protect the DNS data of their hosted domains with DNSSEC . DNSSEC stands for Domain Name System Security Extensions it’s a set of DNS protocol.
With the feature user can do
- Configure the settings used for key generation and rollover
- Sign and unsign domain zones according to the DNSSEC specifications
- Receive notifications related to DNSSEC records and keys
- View and copy DS resource records and DNSKEY resource record sets
7. SSL support & Improvements -
Plesk Onyx comes with a set of security improvements which will help you to harden the server. This feature will help to
- Force https connection to websites hosted in Plesk
- Mail servers can be secured using SSL/TLS
- Secured webmail connection with SSL/TLS
8. Ruby Support -
Plesk onyx has proper Ruby language support as a plesk extension. The Ruby extension available in Plesk Onyx allows users to quickly and easily deploy Ruby apps on their domains.
- Enable Ruby support on any given virtual host
- Choose which Ruby version should be used on a domain.
- Install gem file dependencies via UI using Bundler tool
- Specify custom environment variables
- Edit configuration files
9. Node.js support -
Plesk Onyx offers Node.js support , Node.js is an open-source, cross-platform runtime environment for developing server-side Web applications.
- Add Node.js applications to your websites with just a few clicks.
- Easily manage the application from Plesk (start/stop/restart the application, install NPM packages, run scripts, edit the configuration files - Plesk does it all).
- Have multiple Node.js versions installed on the server (Plesk for Linux only)