How do I connect Windows VPS using Remote Desktop
Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Remote Desktop Connection.
- - OR -
- Click Start -> Run.
- Type mstsc in text box and hit Enter Key.
- Enter your Server’s IP Address and hit Enter Key.
- Enter Login Details
Note: Remote Desktop Connection is only available for Windows VPS or Windows Dedicated Servers. If you are Shared Hosting user, you can not connect to the Hosting Server.
- To connect to your Windows VPS or Dedicated server from Mac OS, you can use CoRD. You can download CoRD from following URL:
- Once CoRD is installed on your Mac system, open the program.
- Click on the Servers icon and then click the + icon to add a server to the list.
- Enter your Server’s IP Address. [If RDP is configured on non-standard port i.e. any other port than 3389 then you will have to mention your VPS-IP-Address:Port Number e.g. 127.0.0.0:1245]
- You can use open source client rdesktop for Linux in order to connect to your VPS from any Linux distribution. You can download rdesktop client from the below URL:
- Once you rdesktop is installed in your Linux system; fire following command in Terminal:
- rdesktop VPS_IP_Address................................(If RDP service is configured on default port) OR
- rdesktop VPS_IP_Address:port number ..........(if RDP service is configured on non standard port)
- Enter your VPS Username(administrator), password and click on Right Arrow button.
Was this answer helpful?
How To The PHP extension IonCubeLoader must be enabled on your server for the Softaculous...
1. In cPanel (as a user) create MySQL database, create MySQL user and Add...
Quick tips: To see the details of logical volume group use: vgdisplay To see the details of...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution