Under some circumstances, it might be necessary to change the Author on a WordPress Post. WordPress provides two built-in methods for this; one for individual posts and another for bulk.
Today, let's check how to change the WordPress Author using these two methods, and you can change the Author's name in a moment.
Changing the Author of a Single WordPress Post
- Log in and click on Posts and select the all posts option.
- Now choose an existing post of which you want to change the Author.
- As you are inside the post, click on the Settings icon.
- Later, press on the Status & Visibility option to expand it.
- Use the Author drop-down box to select which Author to use.
- Click on the "Update" button to finalize the changes.
That's it. You have successfully changed the Author of the post at WordPress.
Changing the Author name of Multiple WordPress Posts
WordPress permits you to carry out various types of bulk actions on posts. On which, one of the actions is to change the Author.
- Let start by click on the Posts >> All Posts option.
- Next, adjust the no. of visible posts in this section within your website and for the same, click on Screen Options.
- Now, adjust the value within the pagination box and use the checkboxes next to each post.
- Use the Bulk actions drop-down box to select the Edit option and press the "Apply" button.
- The Edit option allows you to make several changes to selected posts, including setting the status, comments, pingbacks, and more. In our case, we are changing the Author.
- Use the Author drop-down box to change the Author of all selected posts.
- Click on the "Update" button to apply the changes.
Done. You have successfully changed the WordPress author on all of the selected posts.
Adding Attractive WordPress Author Bios
WordPress is fully customizable, and one of the first things any blog can do is customize the author bio box. This allows you to display a short message and sometimes include contact information.
The first way to do this is by using Custom CSS; however, a much easier way is to use an author bio plugin.
I am listing some of them here to try.
Simple Author Box
Simple Author Box adds an author box at the end of every post. Within it, you can add the author’s gravatar, biography, and most importantly, you can add social media icons. This helps the author increase their presence on social media and potentially find new customers.
Starbox – the Author Box for Humans
Starbox is a very flexible author box plugin. It allows you to choose from various styles to pick the perfect author box for your website. You can place the author box either at the bottom or top of the post. It also supports icons for most major social networks.
WP Post Author
WP Post Author is another excellent choice that can help you customize the author box. It allows it to appear in various shapes and sizes and can be placed via shortcode. The plugin also adds a custom widget that you can use to display author information in the widget area.
Having multiple authors allows you to create content faster and add new perspectives to your website, helping you make them stand out to visitors.