- Creating a hostname and point to the server IPv4
- Add that to the sonicpanel control panel
1. Using a Hosting control panel:
2. Using a Domain control panel:
If the domain using free DNS from the domain provider, users can create A name entry using the domain control panelLets' see how to set it up using a hosting control panel. We might be familiar with numerous hosting control panels. I am going to discuss how to do this via a cPanel.
Assume that you already have a cPanel account.
- Login into your cPanel account.
- Located Zone Editor.
- Now choose A entry
An A entry, also known as an A record or an address record, is a part of your server’s DNS zone files. The A entry points a hostname or domain to an IP address, which allows other computers to find your server on the internet. 4. To add an A entry, perform the following steps:
- Enter your server’s IP address in the available text box.
- Click Add Entry.
Your domain name now points to the server’s main IP address.
- Using your Domain Control panel Settings and first of all locate option Manage DNS (A, MX, CNAME, TXT).
- Here, select A from the Type drop down list in the Add new entry section.
- Now add your hostname in the Hostname field enter www
- Later in the Destination IPv4 address field enter the IP address the domain will point to.
If you are using GoDaddy, Go to "Manage DNS " and A name entry using the Ipv4