The configuration required for WHM/cPanel servers:
Make sure the MX records for the domain are:
mx1.rootadminz.com.au Priority 10 mx2.rootadminz.com.au Priority 20
Make sure the Spam Experts servers are pointing to the correct server for delivery to your domain:
- Log into the Spam Experts server
- Search for the domain name
- Click on the domain name link
- Select the "Edit Route(s)" button
- Make sure the IP or URL entered is correct and that it exists.
To have mail delivered to a local mailbox in WHM/cPanel from Spam Experts you must set the MX routing in WHM/cPanel to Local as following:
- Log into WHM
- Search for DNS in the search just below the WHM logo
- Select "Edit DNS Zone"
- Type the domain name - or select it from the list
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure "Email Routing" is set to "Local Mail Exchanger" and not "Automatically Detect Configuration".
If left on Auto - WHMlooks at the MX records and sees they are not local addresses - it will set the routing to "Remote Mail Exchanger" which will cause all emails to fail when Spam Experts tries to deliver an email to the server - it will see the domain is set to remote and not accept the mail for delivery.