1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the "Security" section, click on "Password Protected Directories" Icon.
3. When a small window prompts you, chose "Document Root for" and then click on the "Go" button.
5. Under "Security Settings", check the box next to "Password protect this directory" and enter a name for the protected directory like "Password-Protected". Then click the "Save" button.
7. Scroll down the page and under "Create User" fill in the username and password fields or use the Password Generator option to generate a new random password and click on the "Add or Modify The Authorized User" button.
Note: Don't forget to save the password.
8. Now, should you try to open your password protected directory in your browser through the url "www.example.com/myfolder".