To search through a database, first log in to phpMyAdmin and then follow steps:
1. Select the database on the left-hand side and then click the 'Search' button.
2. Enter words or values to search for in the text box.
3. Select the options to refine your search.
4. Select the table or tables that you wish to search in the database and click 'Go' to start the search.
5. Click 'Browse' to view the record(s) that were found.
6. You can now make changes to the record if required by selecting it and clicking the 'Change' icon.
7. When you have completed any changes click 'Go' to save them.