SMTP auth support can be added in wordpress through third-party plugins. You can follow these steps to add SMTP authentication to
your wordpress install
1) First of all download from http://www.callum-macdonald.com/download/wp_mail_smtp.zip
2) Now, unzip the file to get the file named wp_mail_smtp.php
3) Copy the file to the plugins folder (\wordpress\wp-content\plugins)
4) Now, log in to wordpress as admin and click on plugins you can see WP-Mail-SMTP and activate it.
5) Click on options ->E-mail to Modify the SMTP settings.
6) Later modify the following fields:
- Specify the from name and email address created under your domain)
* Choose to send mail by SMTP
* Specify an SMTP host (mail.domain-name).
* Choose to use SMTP authentication or not (yes).
* Specify an SMTP username and password. (specify one valid email ID/pass)
- Once you finish. Click on update options.
7) Test the mail function from there using " send Test".